Who We Are
BASTOB envisions a society in which poor and disadvantaged people are socially developed and economically self reliant.
BASTOB is a non-profit, voluntary development organization working in the areas of institution building, income and employment generation, health, human resource development, education and promotion of culture for the disadvantaged segment of the society especially for women, youth, disables and children.
The organization is dedicated to ensure a heavy reference to institution building, income and employment generation, education and health and the promotion of culture and gender equality in its mission to achieving its goal.
BASTOB’s goal is to establish a socio-economic development process by which the program partners are the prime initiators.
BASTOB not only believes in people’s capacity and creativity, but also in participatory management. It is therefore committed to ensuring participation at every level.
BASTOB has experienced, energetic and dynamic workers who are committed to achieving its goal
Considering development as a complex process, BASTOB also encourages partnership and networking with governments and other development organizations.
• To Develop People’s Institutions,
• Provide Skill Training;
• Provide Financial Support /Assistance;
• Establishing Network /Partnership;
• Active involvement of different stakeholders in planning;
• Perform advocacy on various issues;
• Reduction of gender discrimination;
• Protect human rights, environment and culture;
• Improve health and education;
• Environment friendly agriculture and forestry;
THE CORE VALUES:
• People’s capacity and dignity
• Culture and environment friendly
• Creativity and innovation
• Discipline, participation, team work and openness
• Cost consciousness
• Gender equity
• Accountability and transparency
• Honesty and integrity
• Justice and fairness
• Striving for excellence
Bastob has a General Body consisting of 21 members and a Governing Board with 7 members. Board is consisting of one chairperson, one vice-chairperson, one treasurer and four members. General Body forms the Governing Board for a period of three years. The Governing Board is assigned for making policy guidelines for the organization. Different sub-committees are formed for specific purposes e.g. procurement sub-committee, gender audit sub-committee etc. As an ex-officio the Executive Director is the Member Secretary of the Board.